Carpets are a fertile breeding ground for dust and other allergens like fungi, mold and dust mites. Though some families avoid carpet because they don’t want their kids to inhale dirty air particles, proper cleaning alleviates many of these dangers. Clean carpets also look better, smell better and last longer than carpets that are full of dust, allergens and stains.
Fortunately, there are plenty of products available that make it easy for homeowners to care for their own carpets in between professional cleanings. Dry cleaning options are one of the most popular ways to care for carpets because they reduce smells and prevent colors from fading. With a dry carpet cleaner, you also won’t have to wait hours or even days for the area to dry.
First, disperse the simple biodegradable cleaning compound evenly across the area and brush the mixture into the carpet. The cleaning product includes small polymers that encapsulate dirt particles, hair and other allergens into a dry residue that is easy to remove. Once the compounds have absorbed the carpet’s dirt and dust, you can simply vacuum the area to remove the product and dirt from the carpet.
Whether you find a cleaning product that is suitable for home use or hire a professional cleaner, dry carpet cleaning offers the following benefits:
- After a dry cleaning, your carpet will be easier to clean in the future because dirt particles won’t be embedded deeply.
- Your carpet will remain mostly dry throughout the entire process and will cause minimum inconvenience.
- Dry cleaning never shrinks your carpet or affects the carpet’s coloring.
- Your family will be exposed to fewer chemicals and dangerous smells.
- Most dry carpet cleaning products use eco-friendly biodegradable compounds.
Though many people assume that dry carpet cleaning is only suitable for removing light stains and soiled areas, this method can actually keep your entire carpet clean and well-maintained. Many dry carpet cleaning systems also include supplementary products to remove heavy stains including grease, glue and beverages.
Call Big Foot Carpet Cleaning for Carpet & Tile and Grout Cleaning Services – 831-757-3733 – Serving Salinas, Santa Cruz and Monterey CA